Tuesday, March 4, 2008

THANK YOU FRANKFORT!

We got our letter, We got our letter, We got our letter! That squeal of joy heard throughout the surrounding counties, was me at my mailbox. We finally got our letter that verifies that the state of Kentucky has approved us as a resource home with the intention to adopt! Now the next step is to be matched with a sibling group based on our acceptance scale and homestudy. I know out there somewhere is a little boy and girl that is waiting for us. I'm just wondering if we can handle the wait. In some ways this is worse than pregnancy! At least when I was pregnant I knew that it was time limited in 40 weeks, give or take, we would have a baby. According to the letter if we aren't matched in FIVE years, our home is closed. I've called my worker and am waiting for advice on how to be proactive as possible. The preference is to adopt children from the state of Kentucky to avoid paperwork snafus. That and visitation would be much easier.
For all of you that have been praying with us through this process, Thank you! And don't stop! Our kids and we need them still. I'll keep you updated on this as we continue on this process.
M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,I am so happy for you and your family - and for those kids that are out there not yet knowing there is a home waiting for them.

I know it's not going to be easy, but I also know you'll find a way. Carol