Thursday, July 10, 2008

new addition

First let me apologize for the delay since my last writing. It's been super busy we have been Vacation Bible Schooling, Baptizing, Camping in Chatanooga, visiting family and friends for Independence day and had a surprise addition to our family this week!

You know that Mike and I are wishing to adopt. Well, as we wait for our chilren, we decided to make ourselves useful and had our case transfered to knox that we may work as foster parents in the meantime.

We got our first placement this week. She's a delightful girl and we are all glad to have her as part of our family. No, I can't tell you why she's with us, nor do we know how long it will be. I didn't expect to become the mother of a teenager (she is 14) but it has been a blessing to us as I hope and think we have been a blessing to her. So, pray for us and our families. God knows what is needed and His provision has already been evident.

Now, backtracking, we had a great week of VBS. This year all of the kids got to participate and they loved it! The week ended with our chapel hosting an open swim party at the post water park. During the party, we took a break and Justus and I were baptized. Justus, because he recently made a confession of faith and I because I have no clear memory of baptism. I thought I'd been baptized as an infant. Mom, said no when you were confirmed. Actually her words where "what, it didn't take the first time?" But, it was a special day for both Justus and I. I am thankful he chose to share it with me.









Justus going under :)











Mom's Turn









OK, I need to run my teenager to a friend's. So I'll post later about the trip to chatanooga.

Including Pictures :)

No comments: