Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 22-Jehovah-Jireh the Lord Provides.

The Lord Provides. There are many names for God, but these last weeks, that is what I call Him. Even when I'm cursing my circumstance He Provided. Over and over these last weeks, shoot I've been sharing it all with you...He has provided. How amazing is it that Elohim would be Jehovah Jireh to me? Who am I? Nobody, no-one, a continual sinner, and yet...He provides. I pray that every person I know could come to know Him and love Him. You don't check your brain at the door, It wasn't until I really started thinking and questioning that I really even met Him. Until then my faith had only been a hollow echo of earlier teachings. "Faith" isn't an ignorant, wishful thing. It's an active, alive thing. We must seek, ask, knock in order to gain. Hebrews 11 says "1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." How can we be either of those things if we haven't thought, challenged, or questioned. But Faith is also dangerous. Because faith requires that we give up control, we may have to change, people may laugh or think less of us, life may not go the way we want. It may cost us something we hold dear.

Each frustration has been an opportunity to see God's provision. The car needed more work than I expected. We had the money (We never have money). The car took longer than I expected and multiple trips (5 different friends drove us around. May they be richly blessed.) My children needed a stay home day-it snowed...in Virginia...in March, we stayed home and were able to care for the same friend who cared for me yesterday. Today, I was stressing about how to solve the need to be in multiple places on Saturday while also meeting my DEEP desire to get to DC Area on Friday to see a dear friend. It worked out perfectly without me doing anything-all changes from her end. She didn't know what was going on here. I would never have thought of the solution and yet it meets the needs of everyone involved. Jehovah Jireh. And in so many other ways that I probably won't know of until Heaven (yes, I think it's an actual place and definitely NOT the bland, white, angels on clouds place as popularly depicted).

For all my thinking and pondering I still don't have all the answers, but I will keep seeking and asking and I will walk by Faith for Jehovah Jireh.

Blessings

No comments: