Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 29-what will tomorrow bring?

Because today brought good stuff. We (and when I say we, I mean K) got to watch an adorable 2 year old and the boys got to play with a favorite friend before heading off to a food party. If you've never tried it, check out wildtreeherbs they have fantastic seasonings, sauces, mixes etc. They make what they sell and it is all natural, preservative and dye free foods. I am completely addicted to their cranberry spice blend. It's so yummy on my morning bagel!

Then, joy of joy, we went to Lowe's and bought FLOWERS! I filled 3 planters with pansies in the front and one with snapdragon's and dianthis (something like that). Oh, it felt so good to get the dirt under my nails again (reminds me I need some new gardening gloves) and I'm about ready to order my raised bed forms. The one's we made at Knox were great but didn't last. I'm getting some plastic ones that we can disassemble for moves, we'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to the veggies. I'm hoping the dog will stay out of it, he wasn't in the same area at Knox. Now, he shares space.

Speaking of the dog. He and I are finally getting along. When he runs out the door, he comes back! I don't know what has caused the change, but I love it. He may not come immediately, but I haven't had to chase him around the housing area in a long time. We rewarded him today by taking him on a car ride to the drive through with us. I've never had a dog that loved to ride in the car like he does.

AWANA was great as usual. I had a girl who hasn't said a verse in a month, say her section tonight. That was just so encouraging. I just pray that for those girl's who struggle or come with an "my mom made me come" attitude that seeds will be planted and that they will learn that the world can offer nothing that compares with God's love and accepting His gift.

I've got a busy day to get through tomorrow to make it to our busy Stay-Home-Day friday. I was able to get my paperwork scanned, so if you think of it, say a prayer for me that the right person at DFAS (defense finance) will receive my email, and be willing to work with me in finding a solution. My position is unique in the system and I pray they will be willing to do what they can to help me as I fight with the IRS. The IRS wants me to pay $642 in taxes and fines on non-taxable income that we received as foster parents.

Blessings

No comments: