Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 15-and a short one

It was short, cause I actually got to sleep. I'm a night owl anyway, but I find it even more difficult to go to bed when I know it's empty. Which has resulted in some Sleep dep lately. I'm good for a while now. Even with the late start, the kids still got their schoolwork done. Really it was an uneventful day.

We went to AWANA, and I got to listen to some preteen drama. Oh yeah. Best of all, I got my girlscout cookies! I've been reading about other friends having theirs and was getting a bit anxious for my order. No more worries, they are here! Woohoo. I temporarily be replacing the oreo portion of my coke and oreo diet with thin mint and tagalongs :).

Got to talk to Mike today and was pleased to learn he's gotten an actual fully cooked meal today. I know he's enjoying his work there, but boy does like his food :). He also "showed" me on google maps where he is staying in Haiti, the photos aren't recent enough that I could see current structures. But, I at least know exactly how to find him, and that is VERY cool.

J is really missing his dad. Today after he finished talking to Mike he asked me if I missed him. "Yes", I answered.
"Do you ever feel like you need someone? I mean like you really NEED them to be here?" he asked.
"Yes, did you feel like that recently?"
"Yes, a few days ago."
"What did you do?"
"Well, I thought about it and figured I could stay where I was or come in with family. So, I came into the kitchen to be with you guys."
"That's great that you chose not to be alone." brief pause,"Can I share this?"
"On the computer?"
"Yes, on my blog."
"OK"
Dang, I love that kid. He never ceases to amaze me. It's especially exciting when they make wise decisions on their own.

OK, back to bed. Very busy day tomorrow with lots of running. We'll be "carschooling" :).

blessings.

1 comment:

Tom Hieb said...

I love reading your blog. I love all of y'al! Wish the distance between us wasn't so far. Miss y'al.